Help with Colonial movement identification

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Stobert, Nov 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stobert

Stobert Newbie

Feb 2, 2014
    I have a Colonial clock that my parents acquired in the 1950s, the back says 1687 which I take to be the model number since I found it in a 1950s Colonial Catalogue. The catalogue lists the movement as 122, which I believe is a keywind movement. The movement in this clock is weight driven, I've attached a couple of photos. The back of the movement says "Colonial Mfg. Co. Germany 52mm" (I take the it 52mm refers to the pendulum length). Can anyone identify the maker/supplier and model number of this movement? Thanks.

Clock (5)r.jpg View attachment 558807 Clock (4)r.jpg Clock (2)r.jpg

2. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Colonial Mfg. Co. purchased movements from many German movement companies; it is difficult to determine from whom it purchased a particular movement.

There is no correlation between Colonial Mfg. Co. model numbers stamped on the cases and movements. It sometimes offered multiple movement options with a case.

The clock appears to have traditional pull-up chain driven German movement.

See January 2014 NAWCC Watch and Clock Bulletin for my article on Colonial Mfg. Co.

Andy Dervan