Help! Replacement Screws For An Ansonia Crystal Regulator Door Frame

cdsearcher

Aug 11, 2010
Hello Everyone,

Well a newbie mistake cleaning the brass parts of my Ansonia Crystal Regulator this weekend. Had buffed up all the parts on a buffing wheel, with great results, when I was on the last piece, the back door frame. A few seconds into it and - catch, fling, bang! The wheel caught the frame and slammed it on the bench. The result: both tiny 1mm screws that hold one side on (the side removed to remove the glass panel) were broken off. The rest of the frame seems okay. I guess I should have take it apart beforehand, or better yet used elbow grease instead. I suppose this is how you learn!

Question: Does anyone know where I can get replacements screws for the frame? Does anyone have a complete frame they would like to sell??

Just thought I would ask :)

Thanks - Peter

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I have trouble envisioning things that small, I admit, but I wonder if screws from an eye glass repair kit (ones with screws and small screw driver) might work? You might have to buy two or three to get what you want. You might also check out some clock parts supply place like Timesavers or Merrit's to see if they carry an assortment with appropriate sizes.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Eyeglass Repair Kit! Steven, you are a genius! Thanks! :D - Peter
You are welcome, Peter. I just hope that the heads on the eyeglass screws are wide enough for the screw holes on the door frame. That is one possible drawback, but worth a try, I suppose.

Denis O Jahn

NAWCC Member
Aug 28, 2000
Visalia, CA.
Country
Region
If you know the size, TimeSavers has replacement screws in both metric and American standard sizes.
If you're going to do clock repair, a thread guage, metric and American is a handy tool to have.
Denis

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
If you have a good relationship with an optician, you might bring the frame in to see if they can fit a screw for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luc1lle160
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller