Help needed with Regula 34 Movement

richjfran123

Jan 5, 2020
Country
I have an 8 Day chalet clock with a Regula 34 movement that needs replacing. Getting a standard Regula 34 is no problem but this version has a few parts that are not readily available. The shut-off mechanism is not standard and the warning levers from the movement to the music box are non standard. Does anyone know if this version of the Regula 34 can be brought off the shelf? Thanks for your help. BDC62D48-2CB9-41EF-9165-06132C436EA1.jpeg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
rich,

I think that movement is available.

I'm curious as to why you are replacing it though? It appears to be in pretty good shape. I'm assuming the photo is of your clock and not 'off the internet' as many are ...

Not to much is "standard" in the world of clocks! Mark B may chime in, with more details about what is, and is not available.

Willie X

richjfran123

Jan 5, 2020
Country
rich,

I think that movement is available.

I'm curious as to why you are replacing it though? It appears to be in pretty good shape. I'm assuming the photo is of your clock and not 'off the internet' as many are ...

Not to much is "standard" in the world of clocks! Mark B may chime in, with more details about what is, and is not available.

Willie X
Hi Willie
This particular movement (the picture is of the movement in question and not a copy from the internet) is In excellent condition for the most part. However it refuses to tick because the 1st and 2nd wheels on the Going have locked up solid. I managed to unjam them recently but they have since jammed again. The customer reports an accident with the weight on the great wheel with the weight having dropped from height whilst on its chain. In my opinion the the damage has been caused by the action of the weight on the chain on the great wheel and subsequent impact on the 2nd wheel. Hence a replacement. Since my post I have located a Californian site Black Forest Imports which carries the movement.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Easy to pop in new wheels. Usually, it's just the chain wheel but by all means check the 2nd wheel too.

In your case, a repair would be much easier than a replace, at a fraction of the cost.

Willie X

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Where is the pivot that would be in the bearing hole just above the Regula stamp? Is there something out of place or missing there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timemaestro
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre