HELP: Need an Elgin BW Raymond 494 Diagram?

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by OldSchool1959, May 10, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The new version of the Forum is coming! This major upgrade of the Forum will take place in the early hours of November 2 and should be completed by noon. There will be no access to the Forum while the upgrade is taking place.
  1. OldSchool1959

OldSchool1959 Seaboard Coastline RR Fanatic!
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Male
    Retired
    Rolesville NC
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am trying to locate a diagram for an Elgin 494 BW Raymond 23 Jewel Wind Indicator. Anyone that can point me in the right direction would be great. I have searched here and didn't find anything. Then again I am not the best researcher either.
    Thanks in advance.

2. terry hall

terry hall Registered User
    NAWCC Brass Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Male
    Central North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    what do you mean by diagram?

3. OldSchool1959

NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Male
    Retired
    Rolesville NC
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Exploded view with all parts showing with parts list? Thats the best I can describe it. I wish I could be more specific.
    Thanks for asking.

4. Nathan Moore

Nathan Moore Registered User
    NAWCC Business

Dec 29, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Hopefully, one of the following diagrams published by Elgin will match the one you are searching for.

Diagram of the Elgin Winding Indicator from undated pamphlet:
    https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/guide/company/elgin/catalogs/elgin-winding-indicator-watch-pamphlet/2

Cutaway diagram of the 23-Jewel Veritas from the c.1940 Service Bulletin:
    https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/guide/company/elgin/catalogs/elgin-watch-co-service-bulletin-c.1940/24

Detailed diagram of the train with labeled parts from the c.1940 Service Bulletin:
    https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/guide/company/elgin/catalogs/elgin-watch-co-service-bulletin-c.1940/30

ElginWindingIndicator-Diagram.jpg Elgin-Watch-Diagram-Veritas-23j.jpg Elgin-ServiceBulletin-TrainOfElginWatch.jpg

5. OldSchool1959

NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Male
    Retired
    Rolesville NC
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    T
    Thanks but I need the exploded view of the actual wheels on a 494 BW Raymond Wind Indicator movement. Especially the wind indicator parts. These are just a cross section. Its not the actual parts as they pertain to how they they are positioned together. Thanks for the help but I need an exploded view of the actual 494 movement showing all the parts on how they actually go together. If that makes sense. I have found Hamilton diagrams all day long. Just cant seem to find one like it for an Elgin