Help identifying unusual watch

michaelbarth

Jan 25, 2021
Country
Can someone help me identify this unusual watch I purchased at a garage sale in Michigan in the 90's? It has no hands, but instead has 3 windows with dials that turn behind the windows. Watch is powered by a winding mechanical movement. It actually ran for a couple hours today, but it's finicky to keep running.
IMG_1760.JPG

Markings on back case read:
12108 DP - 9245
+Pat. Pend +No 19267

Swiss Made - Base Metal Bezel - Stainless Steel Back

Thanks for your help!
IMG_1762.JPG
IMG_1761.JPG

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
I don't know what this is but I want to know. There was a Swiss company called Hoga Direct Time that made a mechanical digital readout watch in the '60s or '70s. All that I have seen have the name on the dial. The only real tricky part about these watches is that the hours usually jump at the top at the hour change instead of just rotating.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom McIntyre

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Jump hour watch.

captainscarlet

Oct 15, 2013
Country
Region
Hi Michael, I reckon the most obvious identifier for your watch is missing. The dial. It also appears the bezel and crystal are also absent which would account for the erratic functionality of your watch due to dust etc entering through the hour/minute/date aperture’s. Looking at your patent numbers I see that a watch company logged a patent in 1969 (19267) ’Agon’ chromatic watch corp. (Agon Uhrenfabrik /Robert Triebold AG) These watches were usually run by EB 8800 movements. Perhaps a look inside the case would reveal more.

michaelbarth

Jan 25, 2021
Country
Hi Michael, I reckon the most obvious identifier for your watch is missing. The dial. It also appears the bezel and crystal are also absent which would account for the erratic functionality of your watch due to dust etc entering through the hour/minute/date aperture’s. Looking at your patent numbers I see that a watch company logged a patent in 1969 (19267) ’Agon’ chromatic watch corp. (Agon Uhrenfabrik /Robert Triebold AG) These watches were usually run by EB 8800 movements. Perhaps a look inside the case would reveal more.
It has no family significance. Is it basically worthless, or would eBay possibly yield something more than $25?

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelbarth

Jan 25, 2021
Country
I'd like to part with it - it has no family significance. Is it basically worthless, or would eBay possibly yield something more than $25?
I just found the same watch on eBay, with the dial. It is an Endura from the 60's. Not worth much, probably less than $20.

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
Mich
Thanks for your help everyone. This thread can be closed.
[/QUOTE]

We actually keep all of these threads around for future reference. Our organization is all about education and research. This thread is a good example of how we roll. I certainly learned something....so thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dad.watch
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent