• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Aceolus

New User
Apr 1, 2021
Country
Hey guys,

I recently inherited an old grandfathers cold from a family member of mine and was wondering if any of you guys might be able to help me identify it. I'm looking to maybe potentially sell it or keep it deepening on it's value. I don't have any documentation for it but I do have a couple pictures that include some numbers that I found on the clock itself which might help figure out the clock's info and value. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

• Ridgeway
• Model-119
• DIAL-R1
• Movement-EN
• Finish-HPI6
• 32575D
• Serial Number - 4981

Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 1.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 2.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 3.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 4.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 5.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 6.jpg Ridgeway Grandfather Clock Pic 7.jpg

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Hi, Aceolus.

Your clock Model 119 is known as the "William Penn." I have a few sporadic Ridgeway catalogs (1967, 1972, 1977, 1980 and 1997) and yours shows in the 1980 catalog, so your clock would have been manufactured somewhere around that period.

At that time your clock had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $859. But keep in mind that new clocks are like new cars--their value greatly decreases the moment they leave the showroom floor, and it takes many years to regain value as a "classic." (Plus, clocks are no longer bringing the prices they used to, since less and less people are collecting them).

Attached is the image from the 1980 catalog.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
John

Ridgeway model 119 William Penn (1980).jpg

Aceolus

New User
Apr 1, 2021
Country
Hi, Aceolus.

Your clock Model 119 is known as the "William Penn." I have a few sporadic Ridgeway catalogs (1967, 1972, 1977, 1980 and 1997) and yours shows in the 1980 catalog, so your clock would have been manufactured somewhere around that period.

At that time your clock had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $859. But keep in mind that new clocks are like new cars--their value greatly decreases the moment they leave the showroom floor, and it takes many years to regain value as a "classic." (Plus, clocks are no longer bringing the prices they used to, since less and less people are collecting them).

Attached is the image from the 1980 catalog.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
John

View attachment 648923
Thank you for your help John! this is a lot of really good information that will definitely help me big time. Do you happen to have a picture showing the suggested retail price of $859? While the clock will be of a different value now I think it will be important for the people that are looking at buying it to have an idea of what it was once worth.

Thank you
-Brian

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Hey, John! Nice collection of clocks in your signature line...when are you going to get to the last 1/4 of it?? ;)

Kurt
LOL! I think that has been in my signature file for like 14 or so years now!

Sad to say I've mostly lost my one-time clock obsession, and have even parted with several since then. Also, I've long since forgotten which clocks I'd already photographed/inventoried, so it looks like I'll never be finishing that final 1/4. :(

Thanks for the comments! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:
John

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Thank you for your help John! this is a lot of really good information that will definitely help me big time. Do you happen to have a picture showing the suggested retail price of $859? While the clock will be of a different value now I think it will be important for the people that are looking at buying it to have an idea of what it was once worth.

Thank you
-Brian
Hi, Brian.
Price sheet attached.
Regards,
John

Price list.jpg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Spiff is not only the 'best'. He is also the 'one and only' Ridgeway identifier guy on the forum ...
Willie X

Reactions: Spaceman Spiff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nersinho
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-