Help identifying my Omega pocket watch

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by ceocbeck, Sep 12, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new home of the NAWCC Message Board
    We are glad to see you have found us Guest. If you like what you find here, please let your friends know about us.
  1. ceocbeck

ceocbeck New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Hello all!

I have been visiting this site for awhile just to read about various pocket watches and now I am stuck on this one. I come across very few Omega watches, so I am unfamiliar with movement identification. The serial number is 4,559,134 so about 1914. When I looked at the Ranfft.de website, the movement seems to be a 19"'? I know there are different grades ranging from A-D and CCR-DDR but I can't find anywhere to reference these grades. Because of the collets, I am thinking it is at least a C grade. It is an open face watch with sub-seconds at the 6, 14K gold case, and has a star regulator. Please, please, please any help/advice would be appreciated. View attachment 356343 View attachment 356344

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Sponsor NAWCC Member Donor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Welcome to the message board and congratulations on your first post

It looks like a pretty nice watch with the patent regulator and jeweled to the center. The gilt finish with the F/S rate indicators suggest it was made for the English market. Most of the Omega watches sold in North America were nickel finish. The letter grades are marked on the movement in my limited experience.

If you could show the case marks inside the back cover that might help figure it out.