Help identifying Movado Pocket Watch

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Maaret, Jun 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Maaret

Maaret New Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Country Flag:
    I have heritage from my grandpa couple pocket watches and specially this Movado interest me.

Watch is worn in use and right now is not moving, so I´m interested to find information about it, e.g. when this has been made and is there any value to this to try fix-it up-and-go? Is there some page, where to find information about this model?

Inside top lid there are makers stamps and bottom is serial number 306316 1019 K
    Middle lid has been engraved Expositions Universellers, Bruxelles 1910 Grand Prix
    And market inside is 5 five adjuts, 15 fifteen jewels swiss

View attachment 346961
    View attachment 346962

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the NAWCC message board.

Your watch is good but not of the highest grade. it really was made by Movado. If it is fixed it should run well but it is not worth doing as a money investment. Movado is a very interesting company.

There is a book about the company

https://www.amazon.com/Movado-History-Fritz-Von-Osterhausen/dp/0764301268

The watch could have been made from about 1900 to 1940.

The grand prize notations have no real meaning. The company exhibited at the fair and won some kind of award but this has nothing to do with your watch.