• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Help identifying model

Luke McGrath

NAWCC Member
Oct 21, 2016
Country
Region
Hello,
Does anyone recognise this clock? It hasn't arrived in my workshop yet, but the owner has sent me this picture. He thinks it is an Ansonia, but the dial is unmarked.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke
Adare Clocks
South Australia
Resized_20200729_155948001.jpeg

Reactions: one1laner

Andy Dervan

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Oct 23, 2002
Country
Region
Hi Luke,

It is difficult to distinguish the clock with the confusing background of other clocks.

So many companies made steeple clocks that we need better photographs of the clock with plain white or off white background. Movement photographs would helpful also.

Andy

Luke McGrath

NAWCC Member
Oct 21, 2016
Country
Region
Hi Andy,
I've asked the owner for some more pictures, showing the movement and a clear background for the clock.
Hopefully we'll get them in the next couple of days.
Regards,
Luke

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region
I don't believe it's an Ansonia. In fact, I'm going to take a wild guess and say the case is made up, or possibly, but unlikely, a late 19th century German clock. The way the ebonizing is used, the style of the side columns, and the finials remind me of Vienna "regulators" of the period, while the Gothic door looks like it's from a steeple clock.

Luke McGrath

NAWCC Member
Oct 21, 2016
Country
Region
Hi Jeremy,
I agree with you, I don't think it's an Ansonia. I've been through most of the Tran duy Ly books & can't find anything like it. I also thought the case might be a little bit "too good". I'm hoping the movement pics will provide some more clues.
Regards,
Luke

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.