Help Identifying Miyota Movement

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by luvaduck, Dec 8, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. luvaduck

luvaduck New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Can anyone out there help me identify the part number for this Miyota movement please. I want to replace it but can't see any identifying marks.

It's from a Sekonda Seksy 4851 IMG_5111.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    #2 roughbarked, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Looks pretty much like a stock standard 2035 but there were many variations.. Don't quote me.. They aren't expensive to buy as new replacements but they are also one of the few standard movements that have lasted the ages and are repairable.
    I've simply cleaned all the replacements my predecessor replaced(that weren't otherwise rusty or something.. ) and they are as new.

Edited to say... It really would help if you started your measurements at zero. It could help my posts make more sense. I don't actually know the caliber of this ligne, off the top of my head but I can probably find it in the old replaced movements boxes, if I have time tomorrow.

3. luvaduck

luvaduck New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for your quick reply. I've attached a pic starting at zero on the scale. The part you mentioned looks the same. I just need to confirm the sizes. Should there be any identification marks anywhere? IMG_5112.JPG

4. roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Identification marks?

If it says Miyota, there should also be a number, such as the one I mentioned. One could probably surmise that otherwise, it possiibly wasn't made by Miyota.

5. karlmansson

karlmansson Registered User

Apr 20, 2013
    Doctor
    Linköping, Sweden
    Country Flag:
  6. WATCHBREAKER

WATCHBREAKER Registered User

Dec 2, 2014
    Watchmaker
    Edwardsville, IL
    Country Flag:
    its a standard 2035. they are less than $5.

7. luvaduck

luvaduck New Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thanks everyone, I've ordered the 2035

8. oilseed

oilseed Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Procurement Engineer
    Meridian, Idaho
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    For future reference (on this movement and any other movement, anyone is looking to identify)
    Jules Borel has a complete ON-line catalog, with pictures and specs for all the movements.
    http://www.julesborel.com/Catalogs%20&%20Flyers/Movement%20Catalog%202014.pdf
    (Miyota starts on page 50)
    as for this being the 2035, that's not quite a positive conclusion (based solely on the picture). yes, the 2035 is common, but there are variants which allow for slightly different minute and hour hand posts (2034, 2036 and 2039 for example). so, depending on what 'hands' were on your watch, you would need to get the correct 'variant' so the hands would fit properly.
    also, you did not mention if your watch had a sweep second hand (or not).
    if not, then the 2025 would be correct. (yes, and before I get flamed, the 2035 would also work without the sweep second hand installed.) but if you're going to do it right, then...
    sorry if I'm being 'too' complicated.

cheers

9. roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    There are different heights of these movements, ie: longer canon pinion, hour wheel and 4th wheel. There are date versions and day date versions. There are 0 jewels and 1 jewel models. There are also the "G" models which are easily distinguishable by being gold coloured.

10. oilseed

oilseed Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Procurement Engineer
    Meridian, Idaho
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, my error. I stand corrected. thank you.

so with this info, the original lister needs to know what these subtle differences are so as to obtain the correct movement for his repair.