help identifying jeager cal 352 part

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by wary, Mar 22, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. wary

wary New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hi i have a jaeger master quartz i am getting going but it is missing a part which sits on the winding stem.
    i must plead a bit of ignorance and am after a bit of help identifying the part which is circled in the attached pic. any hints on where to get it would be great as well
    required Inkedjaegerlecoultremasterquartz9_LI.jpg

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is basically the winding pinion which would wind the watch if it still had a mainspring. It also maintains any action of the winding stem because it works off the square on the winding stem by sliding into any position specified. I know not what the Jaeger number may be but in ebauche terms it is the 410, I think if my memory serves me correctly. You should have a good look to see if you can find it again. It will be in the room somewhere.

3. wary

wary New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Country Flag:
    thanks for the response, i got the watch as a repair proposition. i think i ma not have been specific enough in my description the part i am missing is the is the piece which sits on top of what you are describing and is held in place by a screw in the picture . the piece on on the stem is still there. i have gotten the watch running but need to identify this piece as it must engage the mechanism to adjust the hands. it is the brass colored piece held in place by a screw

4. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    In most watches, this is the yoke lever which slides the winding pinion into any of the specified positions mentioned above.

5. wary

wary New Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Country Flag:
    could this also be referred to as the setting lever. I have seen it on a parts list as setting lever and screw with spring attached which seems to describe the piece