Help ID this E. Howard

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by GjP, Feb 3, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. GjP

GjP Registered User

Jan 9, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Found this in a basement garage of an older home in PA. It had been there for several years. The Couple said they had inherited it and it was supposed to have hung in a College. I found a paper inside stating it was a bell system Old Main. I was siting on a couple of old saw horse stands and was very dirty. It is 7 feet tall 2 feet wide and 8 inches deep. Both the upper and lower works are marked E Howard Company Boston. It also came with a box of old original parts switches , connectors , contacts and old wires. Took a while but I got both of the works working. The hour hand has several contacts attached to it and the minute hand had a contact point out at the end of the hand, I removed it. I had the black center ring made just to cover the whole in the middle of the face. I think there should have been some type of program dial their. Haven't posted in awhile had some trouble loading pictures hope they all come out. Can't find any reference to this Howard clock anywhere. The case looks similar to some Howards I've seen just much bigger. The second clock in one of the pictures is a New Haven Stanton , just for reference of size. Any info would be great, thanks

SAM_0001.JPG SAM_0009.JPG 00606_5kSQupxDzOv_600x450.jpg SAM_0002.JPG SAM_0020.JPG SAM_0033.JPG SAM_0071.JPG SAM_0073.JPG SAM_0023.JPG SAM_0007.JPG SAM_0025.JPG

2. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Seems like it is a special order clock based primarily on a #89 case. It is in a lengthen version of that basic case allowing the master clock assembly to be housed. There may be a Howard special number assigned for it, but I sort of doubt it. Here is a Howard mvt out of another similar clock, case now gone....

IMG_0707.JPG IMG_1059.JPG

3. Jim Andrews

Jim Andrews Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Oklahoma panhandle
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    GJP, I've been doing a lot of surfing since acquiring my two electric masters. Here's a link that talks about the E. Howard electrics.
    E. Howard Electric Clocks
    Nice find and congrats on getting it running. Any Howard is worth the time.

4. GjP

GjP Registered User

Jan 9, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    All thanks for the info.

5. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Your enquiry might possibly do better in the Electric Horology section.

A moderator may move it for you if he wishes.

JTD