Help ID Seth Thomas

Ken D

Sep 22, 2012
Texas
Country
Region
I need a little help identifying this Seth Thomas. I cannot find it in the two Trans volumes I have. The key and bob are unique to what I've seen before. I know the feet are missing.
Thanks
Ken D

Attachments

Ken D

Sep 22, 2012
Texas
Country
Region
Come on guys. A little help please. This one must be so common that the only person who does not know anything about it is me or it is so unique that no one knows anything about it.
Thanks again
Ken D

lpbp

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
I don't know the model, but the movement predates the 89 movement, the pendulum is often found with this movement, and the key is not the original, the original would have been double ended, and as you probably well know, it's missing the feet.

Billy

Dec 14, 2004
Western NY
Country
Region
I found nothing either, but one that came close was the "Pequod". It is possible they tweaked that case for sale in another market or it was a premium gift for some company, and that may be what you have.

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
The closest I've found is the one in Tran's ST 3d ed. called the No. 787. But it is shown with diamond-shaped inlays, whereas yours has diamond-shaped incising in the locations where the inlays would be. The side pieces on the 787 seem to be the same as on yours, but the shape of the top seems different. The 787 was 11" high and 17" long at the base. It is shown from the 1894 catalogue, so probably at that time it would have had the same movement as yours, the no. 44 movement. Not much to go on there.

I see Billy posted ahead of me. I actually like his suggestion. The Pequod has different incising, but that may be of little consequence. The Pequod is from 1900 and is 11" high and 17 1/2" long. I'm not sure when the change from the No. 44 to the 89 took place. I suppose at some point both could have been used simultaneously.

Ken D

Sep 22, 2012
Texas
Country
Region
Thanks to all. You have been a great help. I greatly appreciate the replies.
Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evocatas
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre