help ID newer (?) banjo clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by bruce linde, Aug 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    another one from my clock mentor... seems more recent: curved dial, no bracing blocks in lower section, etc.

also no identifying marks...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Now, Bruce, you know we need to see the movement! :rolleyes: This one looks more 'production' to me, and, as you say, not quite as old as your earlier posting. Judging from how the paint on the dial appears at the winding hole, possibly a repaint. Also looks to be a very shiny paint on the dial, from what I can tell. Without seeing the movement, my uneducated, totally off the cuff guess is circa 1920 or so. Others, of course, will know more and correct my feeble attempts to comment.

Best to All,

George