Help ID New Haven Statue Clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by ironhat, Mar 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ironhat

ironhat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 11, 2013
    MS
    Country Flag:
    C69553A0-8F8F-4DAE-AFCD-4DE5EF5B8590.jpeg

I am trying to identify this New Haven Statue Clock I found today. Clock is in an overal good condition, appears all there with no broken or missing parts.
    Movement has been pulled and in stand ticking away.

I would love to know the name of this clock so I can search by name for a good picture of it to use as an example
    to restore the finishes of the statue and clock body. I have search online, but did not find it using general searches for NH statue clocks.

2. KyleG

KyleG Registered User

Nov 4, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Your clock is called "Fame" from a 1900 catalogue as shown on page 129 of Tran Ly's 1997 book (ArlingtonBooks.com). Described as 8-day, half-hour strike on cathedral gong with Empire sash and ivorized porcelain 6 inch dial. 16" high x 20" wide. Finished in Gilt or bronze. Original priced at $22.25.

3. ironhat

ironhat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 11, 2013
    MS
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Kyle for identifying this clock. Now armed with that info, maybe I can find a picture online of said clock to use as a reference point for restoration purposes.

Thanks again!