Help ID A Seth Thomas Office Regulator

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by gocush, Jun 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gocush

gocush Registered User

Jun 24, 2016
    Olympia, Washington
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A friend asked me to revive his Seth Thomas. I'm wanting to ID it now that it is serviced.
    The front plate is stamped with the usual ST logo, then the following is stamped in the lower right of the Plate:
    41 AE or 4I AE (after the 4 there's either a number 1 or capital "I"). I have an old (1983) Official Price Guide To Antique Clocks by Roy Ehrhardt that shows a close depiction of the case: an Office No. 3 ----10" Drop Octagon 21 1/2" ht c1888 8 Day Spring Time only.

[​IMG]

But the "41 AE" doesn't match up. What do I have here? I've blanked out my friends name on the photo since I haven't asked his permission to make it public.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. jacks61fd

jacks61fd Registered User

Jul 2, 2002
    Retired Police officer
    Ocala Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    your clock is not the clock you have illustrated in Ehrhardt's book that clock is Walnut veneer with a gold inlay strip, your Oak cased clock is more like a ST 10" drop octagon ( Arlinton Book Co.) 1924 catalog cut shown. The 41AE is just the movement # designation.