Help for hobbyist - Helbros click and spring assembly

Tourspin

NAWCC Member
Jan 6, 2021
Country
Hi all, I'm in a bit of a jam. Long story how I got to this point, but I was attempting to put the click and spring back on this 17 jewel Helbros (P 72 stamped movement). I don't recall ever coming across a round spring, and I didn't pay enough attention when I took it off to know how to put it back on correctly. I've lost this spring twice, and got lucky finding it twice, so thought I would take a few deep breaths and just ask. The round spring "ends" point vertically away from each other 180 degrees. I included the click and spring in the picture next to the place they belong. Anyway, would greatly appreciate any instruction! --Andy

hel1.jpg

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
There is often a hole in which the click spring fits. I can't see it in this watch so I guess it is installed in one of the openings.

I would put the spring in place with the lower "hook" in the smaler opening at about 11 o'clock
Flip the click over and put it in place with the upper spring hook in the click opening.
Test that the spring will push the click towards the ratchet wheel so the ratchet wheel locks.

If the click does not function properly remove the click and move the lower "hook" to the other, wider opening and re-install the click. Now it should work!

Edit: If you are afraid of loosing the spring, work inside a plastic see through bag.

Last edited:

Tourspin

NAWCC Member
Jan 6, 2021
Country
There is often a hole in which the click spring fits. I can't see it in this watch so I guess it is installed in one of the openings.

I would put the spring in place with the lower "hook" in the smaler opening at about 11 o'clock
Flip the click over and put it in place with the upper spring hook in the click opening.
Test that the spring will push the click towards the ratchet wheel so the ratchet wheel locks.

If the click does not function properly remove the click and move the lower "hook" to the other, wider opening and re-install the click. Now it should work!

Edit: If you are afraid of loosing the spring, work inside a plastic see through bag.
First option worked! Thanks for your help! - Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam P
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre