Help Figuring Out Baylor Day-Date

Steve Watkins

NAWCC Member
Dec 22, 2014
Washington, DC
Country
Region
Hi all,

I have a Baylor day-date chronometer that was just serviced and runs well. However, as best I can tell, the only way to change the day or date is by advancing the time. The crown seems to have only two positions, and if I turn the hands backward after passing midnight (or 3:00am or so), BOTH the day and date reverse. I must be missing something. Obviously, I need to figure out how to re-align the day and date after a month that has fewer than 31 days, such as the one that is about to end! Can anyone shed any light on this?
Baylor-1.jpg Baylor-2.jpg Baylor-3.jpg

Last edited:

Cary Hurt

NAWCC Member
Dec 16, 2005
Country
Region
The movement is a Felsa 4006 from the late 1950s (give or take a few years). Perhaps you can find detailed operating instructions using that ID.

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Try this. Advance the hands until the correct DAY shows in the window, regardless of the date. STOP! Back up until the day backs up, and the date "jumps" a bit but remains on the same date. STOP! Advance until the day changes to the correct day again, and the date advances one numeral. Repeat this procedure until you have the correct day and date. The day will "toggle" back and forth, but the day will only advance. No quick set on most watches of this vintage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
April
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-