Chronometry: HELP Can somebody help me identify this chronometre

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by sliderwatch, Jan 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sliderwatch

sliderwatch New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I acquired this chronometre with a missing balance staff. I have the wood display case that sat on the watch makers counter which says Zenith on it. I have no information on it except that it is a Zenith. I have all the parts for the clock except the balance staff. Can somebody tell me any information on this and if anyone knows where to get a balance staff for it. The movement has number 30873 on the plate.

Attached Files:

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Zenith is still in business. They may either have one or have the drawing. If you have the balance and the roller table making a staff is possible by a very skilled watchmaker even without a drawing.

3. DeweyC

DeweyC Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Watchmaker
    Baltimore
    Country Flag:
    Nice piece. What goes into the sink at the setting square? How is the balance stop (hacking) activated?

4. sliderwatch

sliderwatch New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the response There is a key that goes through the case and for the hack I don't know. Have you ever seen one before and do you think this could be rare? I am trying to find a caliber or model of this movement. Any information would be of great help in identifying this movement.