Hello?

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Either I have been banned on grounds of irreverence toward ancient horological law or something else is wrong, because I haven't been getting any e-mail messages telling me of activity on watched threads. My 'watched threads' file says that I'm not watching any, which is, or shouldn't be, the case.

The most disturbing aspect is that the world of tiny brass things seems to be carrying on perfectly well without me, but I did wonder if something else might be wrong.

M Kinsler

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
I don't ever get emails, have you checked the settings?

bruce linde

Technical Admin
NAWCC Member
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
I don’t know if anything got confused… Would probably take Tom McIntyre to confirm.

In the meantime go to your watched forums and toggle your settings off and back on again and see if that helps

Last edited:

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Donor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
upload_2018-10-15_1-11-49.png @kinsler33 your question implies that you did receive notices by email at one time, but you currently have that turned off for your threads and posts. That is a preference in your user settings.

I logged in as you to check your settings. I noticed that you currently have 23 alerts and 7 private conversations waiting for you to read them.

You have both watching and notifications turned off for your threads and posts.

To get to these settings, you can click on your avatar, which shows up as a small image at the top right of your screen. That generates a drop down as shown in this first screen capture.

upload_2018-10-15_1-12-49.png If you click on preferences which is highlighted in the first picture It will show your preferences check boxes as shown below. It seems that you would like to have the top two boxes checked to enable watching your threads and posts and receiving notices when others reply to them.

The first thing I do each time I come to the Message Board is to check my alerts and conversations. I get those notices by email as well but I am not sure both usages are really needed.

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Thank you. I didn't know about the alerts, the options, and the rest. I'll work on them.

Right now I'm about 15 clocks behind, and each one is more troublesome than the last. I didn't think one little town would have this many clocks.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark Kinsler