Hello to the new Board

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by David Filby, Apr 11, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Filby

David Filby Guest

Just great to see a Board concerning electric clocks and hello to the Moderator Elmer Crum.
    I was just about to give up repairing electric clocks because of the problems that I have been having trying to get these items repaired. The primary problem being the lack of parts, in particular, rotors.
    I have just completed a Revere chiming electric and promised myself that this would be the last electric that I would ever repair. Maybe contributors to this Board will succeed in convincing me otherwise. Some of these clocks are very nice and it disturbs me to turn away repairs.
    David Filby

2. David Filby

David Filby Guest

Just great to see a Board concerning electric clocks and hello to the Moderator Elmer Crum.
    I was just about to give up repairing electric clocks because of the problems that I have been having trying to get these items repaired. The primary problem being the lack of parts, in particular, rotors.
    I have just completed a Revere chiming electric and promised myself that this would be the last electric that I would ever repair. Maybe contributors to this Board will succeed in convincing me otherwise. Some of these clocks are very nice and it disturbs me to turn away repairs.
    David Filby

3. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Registered User

Nov 29, 2000
    Manager of Engineering Programs
    Washington state
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hmmmm... electrics, you say. I have a few of those... maybe I'll post a note or two.

4. Ray Fanchamps

Ray Fanchamps Deceased
    Deceased

Aug 24, 2000
    N'er do well......
    LLareggub
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I would like to thank Elmer for making the area possible.
    For those who do not know Elmer he is a long time collector of early Battery clocks and was co Author of the essential book 150 years of Electric Horology. We do have some other good "electric guys" here and I am sure this area will "generate" a lot of activity.
    Thanks Elmer

Ray Fanchamps
    Message Board Administrator

[This message has been edited by Ray Fanchamps (edited 04-12-2002).]