Hello from a new person

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by thewiseknitter, Dec 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. NAWCC Login Function is Not Working. If you know your username and password for the Message Board, you can log in using the small login link at the upper right.
  1. thewiseknitter

thewiseknitter Registered User

Dec 4, 2016
    JTD, thanks for the suggestion. I did try to start a new thread about my clocks at one point, but the
    administrator merged the threads together. So that is why I didn't.
    I figured the cuckoo might have been made in the 70's. But really who made it and when it was made
    doesn't really concern me that much. I just threw it out there. I love my clock and am enjoying having
    it.

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    People who love clocks like to chat about them. :)

Good to see.

3. thewiseknitter

Dec 4, 2016
    roughbarked, so true. In this day and age of all things digital, to me there is nothing like a mechanical clock(s).
    My husband and I have our two cell phones, a digital clock in the bedroom, and the computer. But we don't go
    for all the latest and greatest digital gadgets.
    Mechanical clocks remind us of the days when things were simpler. A person can't have too many clocks.:smile:

4. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    Yes but I've got a shed full.

It is so sad to see so many tossed away, so I'm like one of those hoarders on TV but it is clock parts I'm stepping over and around, not newspapers.

5. thewiseknitter

Dec 4, 2016
    Re: Reproduction

Hello again. Thought I would post new pictures of a clock I purchased. When I saw this online,
    I just couldn't resist. Its just so cute.
    It is an 8 day chain and weight driven Dutch Ship Clock made in 1973 with a moon phase.
    It has a cutout of a ships wheel and the pendulum is an anchor.
    It seems to be running quite well. The only thing I had to do is take it to the clock shop because
    somehow the chain got jammed in the mechanism. I also took some polish to the weights and
    they are nice and shiny. [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files: Download all post attachments

6. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Re: Reproduction

I am in the same boat Richie, hope some neices and nephews show some interest some day.