Hello Again

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by dwlodyka, Dec 3, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dwlodyka

dwlodyka Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Wells, Maine
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Forum Members: I haven't been on the Forum for several years, due to the needs of work, family and stuff that needed to get done. In fact, I haven't picked up a clock repair tool in that long. I'm still a member of NAWCC and knew that I would someday get back to enjoying my hobby. I am a complete amateur, but very much enjoy clock repair. I recently retired and moved with my wife to our retirement home in Wells, Maine. I have a question, but it will wait until tomorrow. Today, I want to re-introduce myself and relate an all too often heard story of woe. I decided to start back in by cleaning and repairing a friends eight-day Ingraham. I successfully dismantled the movement, cleaned and oiled the springs and attempted to rewind the springs. I use a spring winder. I wore eye protection, but forgot the leather gloves. What happened? You guessed it. One of the springs got away from me and played over my thumb and forefinger. I say "played", but that's not how my fingers felt. I now have three small cuts on my fingers. It hurt like the dickens!. Lesson learned (again) the hard way! Anyway, I successfully re-bushed two holes and now the clock is ready for a final cleaning before reassembly. I thought that you might get a kick out of a oft-repeated error. Anyway, hello again! Dennis

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    North Carolina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome back, Dennis! Yeah, you need to take it slow getting back into the groove. We don't want to lose you (again) that way :)