• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Helbros Mickeys...

LarryD

Jan 17, 2010
Las Vegas
Country
Region
While I collect a couple of different lines, most information is readily available..

I also have a half dozen Mickey Mouse watches and the mechanicals were made by Helbros...

Can anybody tell e anything about the collectabilty and movement of these interesting pieces of history.. ??

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

burnz

Inactive User
Jan 24, 2006
Country
I can tell you that your seventeen jewel Mickey is a pretty nice movement.

The other companies associated with Mickey Mouse (mechanical) watches had few jewels and some had none.

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
The movement shown appears to be a Savoie, of French origin. As to collectibility? The Disney Corp. has sold the rights to use the MM logo on watch dials to countless outfits in the last 80 or so years. It seems as though the collectibility is greatest among the early Ingersoll MM, and perhaps others from that era. Yours has come along after the MM watch has been overexposed (IMHO), and it has not yet acquired any antique value from a collector point of view. It must be said that your Helbros is a very much better watch than the early Ingersoll. By the way, keep the packaging, papers, and warranty as they may add some collectibility, but later on.

LarryD

Jan 17, 2010
Las Vegas
Country
Region
Well, the packaging is long gone as I wore them out of the watch shop in Disneyland when I purchased them periodically more than 35 years ago.

Don

NAWCC Member
Feb 17, 2002
Back in the early 90's I could have bought a goofey, hamms beer, and bud beer watch at a flea market. they are three I wish I would have bought.
At this time I only have the hamms beer got it at a local garage sale last year for cheep. They did not have the others. Some day I will find them and complete the story
I think they are of much higher quality than the ingesoll and Bradley's
Nice watch! know I will look for the Mickey also
Don