Helbros Mickeys...

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by LarryD, Jan 17, 2010.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Donation Service is back after a brief absence to fix the payment service. Please give it a try! Donate
  1. LarryD

LarryD Registered User

Jan 17, 2010
    Retired Scientist
    Las Vegas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    While I collect a couple of different lines, most information is readily available..

I also have a half dozen Mickey Mouse watches and the mechanicals were made by Helbros...

Can anybody tell e anything about the collectabilty and movement of these interesting pieces of history.. ??

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

2. burnz

burnz Inactive User

Jan 24, 2006
    Country Flag:
    I can tell you that your seventeen jewel Mickey is a pretty nice movement.

The other companies associated with Mickey Mouse (mechanical) watches had few jewels and some had none.

3. doug sinclair

doug sinclair Registered User

Aug 27, 2000
    Calgary, Alberta
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The movement shown appears to be a Savoie, of French origin. As to collectibility? The Disney Corp. has sold the rights to use the MM logo on watch dials to countless outfits in the last 80 or so years. It seems as though the collectibility is greatest among the early Ingersoll MM, and perhaps others from that era. Yours has come along after the MM watch has been overexposed (IMHO), and it has not yet acquired any antique value from a collector point of view. It must be said that your Helbros is a very much better watch than the early Ingersoll. By the way, keep the packaging, papers, and warranty as they may add some collectibility, but later on.

4. LarryD

LarryD Registered User

Jan 17, 2010
    Retired Scientist
    Las Vegas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well, the packaging is long gone as I wore them out of the watch shop in Disneyland when I purchased them periodically more than 35 years ago.

5. burnz

burnz Inactive User

Jan 24, 2006
    Country Flag:
    LOL! :} Yep--understood!

6. vincesf

vincesf New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Great watch, as it brings back memories.
    Thanks for sharing.

Vince

7. Don

Don Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Back in the early 90's I could have bought a goofey, hamms beer, and bud beer watch at a flea market. they are three I wish I would have bought.
    At this time I only have the hamms beer got it at a local garage sale last year for cheep. They did not have the others. Some day I will find them and complete the story
    I think they are of much higher quality than the ingesoll and Bradley's
    Nice watch! know I will look for the Mickey also
    Don

8. Roland Ranfft

Roland Ranfft Registered User

Feb 10, 2011
    electronic engineering, software
    Wildenrath, Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag: