Helbros electric

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Burkhard Rasch, Jan 20, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I´ve recently aquired a Helbros electric wrist watch late 60ies/early 70ies with a verry interesting electromechanical mvmt. made by POW. I need a new "winding"-crown for it with -at least on this side of the pond- od dimensions : the crown is gilded , 5mm in diameter and has a 3mm tubus and a 0.9mm shaft.
    Here in Europe the tubes are 2.5mm maximum.Can anyone point me to where to obtain a matching crown? Please PM me with any suggestions.
    Pics of the nicely rosee gilt mvmt. will follow.TIA
    Burkhard

2. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    pics as promised:the colors are not correct , the movement is nicely rosee-gilt like Omega´s and keeping exelent time,the day/date has no quick adjustment feature,so I leave it as it is.It came with the original wristband with an integrated "eternal calender" :day and date are noted on a small plastic band , the sundays marked in red. The band is enclosed in a small case looking like a part of the wrist band,and the months can be changed manualy by turning two little thumb-wheels (inoperational,one thumb wheel missing).
    Anyway it looks good and works smoothly and the caliber PUW 1001 is new for me.
    Enjoy!
    Burkhard

DSCN4712.JPG DSCN4726.JPG DSCN4712.JPG

Rick Hufnagel and Kevin W. like this.
  3. RL

RL Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Country Flag:
    I remember back during a time period (pre quartz) that several companies had watches with batteries that electronically operated a balance wheel.