Harding & Bazeley Spherical Weight Clock

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Nick Timmins, Dec 2, 2006.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nick Timmins

Nick Timmins Guest

I have a Harding & Bazeley Spherical Weight clock which I bought new around 34 years ago. I first had it cleaned and serviced by Thomas Mercer in Cheltenham and have recently left it with a local repairer for its second clean and overhaul. The repairer has cleaned and reassembled it, but is now having a problem making it work correctly. It ought to drop one weight every 2 hours 40 mins, evenly spaced as 9 over a 24 hour span, and that has always been the way it has behaved. However it now goes for many hours without dropping any weights, then drops several at once in a cascade.

I am not a clock maker or expert in any way, but I should be grateful if someone could give me some advice that I can pass on to the repairer (who I hasten to add is not web-literate).

Many thanks

Nick Timmins
    Edinburgh

2. Mike Phelan

Mike Phelan Registered User

Dec 17, 2003
    Retired
    West Yorkshire, England
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nick
    Is it worth getting in touch with Robert Bray?
    I think that Harding & Bazeley was run by Keith Harding; they later became Sinclair Harding and moved to West Yorkshire, as in the link above.
    HTH

3. Stuart Watkins

Stuart Watkins New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Re: Harding & Bazeley Spherical Weight Clock

Hi Nick.

I also have one of these and the stop work mechanism has to be set to 3 1/2. Other wise you will encounter the problems you have described. If you are interested in selling it I am also in Edinburgh. stoo1959@gmail.com

4. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: Harding & Bazeley Spherical Weight Clock

Hi Stuart, welcome to the message board. Nick is unlikely to see your message, as he hasn't been active on the message board for 4 years, when he originally posted this question.