Hampden Battery Wound Clocks

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Steve Cunningham, Jul 14, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered User

Oct 6, 2000
    My friend Doyle Sanders gave me two odd clocks not long ago. Both were Hamden's, in nice nickel plated brass desk-type cases. Oddly, both were battery wound. I sent them to my friend Dan Clark, who made them work. The three of us donated them to the NAWCC Museum, and they should be arriving soon. I hope someone will do a Bulletin article on them. Dan felt they were prototypes. One had no serial number. There was no way to set the watches/clocks. Just thought you all might find that interesting.

2. Steve Cunningham

Steve Cunningham Registered User

Oct 6, 2000
    My friend Doyle Sanders gave me two odd clocks not long ago. Both were Hamden's, in nice nickel plated brass desk-type cases. Oddly, both were battery wound. I sent them to my friend Dan Clark, who made them work. The three of us donated them to the NAWCC Museum, and they should be arriving soon. I hope someone will do a Bulletin article on them. Dan felt they were prototypes. One had no serial number. There was no way to set the watches/clocks. Just thought you all might find that interesting.