• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Hampden 3 Ball Or Private Label.

ChrisGM

Sep 19, 2012
Malaga
Country
Region
could someone please explain the difference between a Hampden 3 Ball and a private label with the same circular Ball / John Hancock style demaskeening pattern .
Thanks.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I don't understand your question. The 3 Ball Damaskeen pattern is distinct like the edges of 3 Balls meeting in the middle.

You can see these in the big Blue Hampden book, Serial numbers 1281589, 1258182 (P/L for H. M. Jacobson & Son Philadelphia ) Page 25.

The John Hancock's were just a regular Hampden pattern,not a special pattern.

Hampden made some special DMK patterns for a jeweler In Pittsburgh, W. J. Johnson Page 107

ChrisGM

Sep 19, 2012
Malaga
Country
Region
I don't understand your question. The 3 Ball Damaskeen pattern is distinct like the edges of 3 Balls meeting in the middle.

You can see these in the big Blue Hampden book, Serial numbers 1281589, 1258182 (P/L for H. M. Jacobson & Son Philadelphia ) Page 25.

Hampden made some special DMK patterns for a jeweler In Pittsburgh, W. J. Johnson Page 107

Thanks for responding.

no problem, I have found the info that I was looking for..

cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renegade
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent