• For those of you who were having issues connecting to the Forums, it turns out that our modem was not functioning properly. We have replaced it now and the connection to the Forums has been restored. Thank you for your patience.

Hammond small electric clock

Raymond Gocken

Aug 29, 2013
picked this up at an auction. Took a chance as no one bid on it. I can not figure out how to open it up. Appears to have a rolled edge on the back side but to try to undo that would really mess up the clock. Any ideas?

Hammond 1.jpg Hammond 2.jpg Hammond 3.jpg Hammond 4.jpg

Reactions: Alex K

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
picked this up at an auction. Took a chance as no one bid on it. I can not figure out how to open it up. Appears to have a rolled edge on the back side but to try to undo that would really mess up the clock. Any ideas?

View attachment 639903 View attachment 639904 View attachment 639905 View attachment 639906
You need to remove the nut for setting the hands. It can be unscrewed by holding the arbor with needle nose pliers and turning the nut counter clockwise. Then you need to remove the two nuts on top of the label. Now you should be able to lift off the movement cover and service the movement.

Uhralt

Raymond Gocken

Aug 29, 2013
I removed the nuts and the screws from the works all the nuts did was allow me to remove the label plate on the back. The two screws were what held the "can" to the wooden case. I cannot get the glass off the tine case. It appears there is a rolled edge that captures the rear can to the bezel. No way to get it to come apart.

Raymond Gocken

Aug 29, 2013
I removed the nuts and the screws from the works all the nuts did was allow me to remove the label plate on the back. The two screws were what held the "can" to the wooden case. I cannot get the glass off the tine case. It appears there is a rolled edge that captures the rear can to the bezel. No way to get it to come apart.

Turns out there was a very small slot between the bezel and the glass that allowed me to pry up a ring around the glass that in turn released the face. Then I could remove the hands and extract the works. After all of that I found the transformer was dead (open)... all that for nada,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwmacke
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Bread Upon the Waters by Tom McIntyre