Hammond large Wood Bichronous clock with telechron GE motor Model 1H1312

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by dave feigenbaum, Feb 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dave feigenbaum

dave feigenbaum New Member

Feb 4, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I have acquired a very large (19" by 19" by 4.5") commercial wood case wall clock with the Hammond Bichronous white round faceplate; but it has a Telechron motor made by GE and is self-starting. A brass pull comes out of the bottom of the cabinet, which pulls down to set the time. The telechron motor is model: 1H1 312. The clock works perfectly. Everything appears to be original including the motor. I'm having trouble dating the clock; also confused about the Hammond - GE - Bichronous - Telechron labels. Any help you could give me on understanding this clock would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the technical skills to take pictures and the put them on this site (age 69). I have seen this large wood cabinet on several other clocks on the internet. Plan to keep it but would love to know the general time period of manufacture.

2. davefr

davefr Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Semi Retired Engr. Mgr - Currently Rebuilding Tele
    Oregon
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've never heard of Hammond clocks using Telechron motors. Maybe someone else has. I think it's more likely the Hammond clock was retrofitted with a Telechron motor or maybe the Hammond faceplate was transplanted onto a Telechron wall clock. It'll be hard to tell without images.

It's easy to pinpoint the date of manufacture of Telechron motors but might not be of any help if the clock is not original:
    Telechron Rotor Date Codes