Hammond Electric Motor

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by David Holk, Oct 17, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. David Holk

David Holk Guest

I am trying to repair a neat novelty clock
    (bakelite case with Dutch scene and windmill which turns). It has a Hammond electric motor, Lot 1320. The coil seems to be okay. The field develops good magnetism. I can get it to run if I get the pinnion arbor in the right position, in and out, and give it a little turn.
    Does anyone know of a replacement or has anyone had any luck opening the rotor unit and servicing it?
    Of course a quartz movement will work for time keeping, but the important thing is turning the windmill.

2. David Holk

David Holk Guest

I am trying to repair a neat novelty clock
    (bakelite case with Dutch scene and windmill which turns). It has a Hammond electric motor, Lot 1320. The coil seems to be okay. The field develops good magnetism. I can get it to run if I get the pinnion arbor in the right position, in and out, and give it a little turn.
    Does anyone know of a replacement or has anyone had any luck opening the rotor unit and servicing it?
    Of course a quartz movement will work for time keeping, but the important thing is turning the windmill.

3. H.Weiland

H.Weiland Deceased
    Deceased

You might get lucky and find the only problem is that the oil inside the rotor has become sticky, but most likely the rotor will need internal repair. There are several ads in the mart from time to time for rotor repair. My personal experience has sown that the repaired rotors will operate as if new. You have to send in your old rotor on a exchange basis. My rotors have been repaired by Mr Warburton, and have regarded his work as quite good, but the exterior of the rotor case case might have some scratches or tiny dents when you receive one back.