Hamilton wristwatch

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by Intern, Mar 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Intern

Intern Registered User

Jul 23, 2009
    I have a Hamilton make wristwatch here and would like to know: 1) what model it is and 2) what year and/or time span it was manufactured.

Thank you,

Paul Vincent

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My best is guess is that it may be a "Scott" from around 1935. This according to Shugart, et. al. in the "Complete Price Guide to Watches", 2010 edition, page 824. Good luck.

3. MINI

MINI Registered User

Sep 26, 2012
    Country Flag:
    There's something odd about that dial with no sub-second post showing but the dial design seems to indicate it was intended for a watch with the sub-second. I think it best to see a good clear photo of the movement & the inside of the case back.

4. Intern

Intern Registered User

Jul 23, 2009
    Thank you for your responses. I found out through another source that it is a "Scott" model w/ a special order luminous dial. I was also told that the hands and bracelet were not original to the watch.

Paul

5. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The hands are a bit unusual, but I don't know enough about Hamilton wrist watches to comment on their originality. That type of band that it has presently was probably not available until the sixties, or
    ~20 years after the watch was made.

6. MINI

MINI Registered User

Sep 26, 2012
    Country Flag:
    If its a 'Scott' from the early-mid 1930's, it should have a 987 movement in the watch from that era. The 987 had a sub-second feature and I'm not seeing it on that watch which makes me think either the dial is incorrect or the movement has been replaced.

7. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Where don't you see a subseconds dial, it is the rectangular part just below the cannon pinion. To me the watch looks more 1940's.

8. MINI

MINI Registered User

Sep 26, 2012
    Country Flag:
    I see the dial that indicates a sub-second hand but i'm not seeing a sub-second hand or a hole for the pinion. Granted its hard to tell from that photo. There are also a couple of good photos of the '33 Scott over on the VWF forum

9. Nookster

Nookster Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor Donor

Oct 5, 2010
    Retired
    Southern California
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It's a Scott with a bad redial and wrong hands.

[​IMG]