Hamilton Watch Identification

C

collectit

I purchased a 12 size 17j metal dial :confused: :) NOS Hamilton Watch a few years back at Jewelry store and I was unable to find any information on this watch as to the date it was made and the grade, was it made in USA or Swiss?? it is marked Hamilton Watch Co. Lancaster, PA - HB 066 - adjusted 2 positions. I will post some links. Thanks for your help Larry

Hamilton Hamilton1 Hamilton2 Hamilton3
Hamilton4

C

collectit

I purchased a 12 size 17j metal dial :confused: :) NOS Hamilton Watch a few years back at Jewelry store and I was unable to find any information on this watch as to the date it was made and the grade, was it made in USA or Swiss?? it is marked Hamilton Watch Co. Lancaster, PA - HB 066 - adjusted 2 positions. I will post some links. Thanks for your help Larry

Hamilton Hamilton1 Hamilton2 Hamilton3
Hamilton4

K

Kenny D

Hi Larry,
According to the "Complete Price Guide To Watches" your watch is a 16 size, Swiss made movement (grade #669).
I can`t figure the date. According to the book the serial should have the "HA" prefix rather than "HB". This denotes Swiss. I would think it was probably produced in 1969 or later. (Just a Guess!)
Hopefully, someone else can shed more light on this.

Kenny D

Don Dahlberg

NAWCC Member
Aug 31, 2000
This is a "limited edition" Lord Hamilton. It was produced in the 80's by SMH (Now called the Swatch Group), who own Hamilton. The watch originally came in a nice wood box with a certificate of limited edition. It was advertised in places like the Smithsonian Magazine. I have no idea how many were produced. I am not good at spotting which movement this is. A medium grade watch with a gold plated hype.

Don

terry hall

NAWCC Brass Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region
For reference,
the 669 was a 'traffic special' watch, produced years before this one... they had a special case also... in stainless and rolled gold plate

K

Kenny D

Terry,
Thanks for correcting me. The Swiss Hamilton movement photo in the book matched the watch so I just presumed the 17j Swiss listing applied. I see no listing in the book, yet they have the pic (odd).
I actually have a non-working "Traffic Special" that I just dug out. It has "669" on it as you stated and it looks nothing like the Swiss movement in the book.. Sorry for the mis-identification.

Kenny

beta21

Jun 6, 2003
s
Country
Hi Larry,
If You could provide a pic of the "under dial" it would help in identifying this swiss movement.

Julian Smith

Sep 1, 2000
Visit site
What you have is possibly a Unitas 6497 or some caliber close to it.I think the 669 was a Cortebert caliber.
I don't have my BF 111 here at home.
J Smith

C

collectit

Hello and thank you all for all the help! I had to be gone after I made the post and yes the movement looks close to the 16 size, Swiss made movement (grade #669)in "Complete Price Guide To Watches" with the escapement bridge being a little different by the balance wheel and the watch being a 12 size, it looks similar to the Unitas 6497 but I see no balance screws in this picture and the bridges are a little different?? Thanks Larry :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notice
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff