Hamilton Serial Number Ledgers not working

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Jim Haney, Mar 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Markus,
    It seems every time the MB has a shut down or a reboot something happens to the look up Hamilton ledgers.

I had problems over a years ago and finally they were corrected and it has worked great for the last year , however it is not working again?? Why??

The NAWCC MB appears to be in a state of errors and problems.

I suggest that some funds be made available to hires some professionals who can maintain a level of service to the members who pay over $100 a year for the service.

What do you say?

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member Donor Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It is working fine for me Jim. Can you offer a specific example of a failure. (and, of course, did you clear your cookies, cache etc after our system crash yesterday.

3. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It is working for me now. At the time I reported it I tried several different numbers and after entering the number and clicking on the search button Nothing would happen.

Glad that it is working now:D

4. Markus Harris

Markus Harris NAWCC Communications Director
    Staff Member NAWCC Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Male
    Director of Communications, NAWCC Inc.
    Lancaster, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm not directly involved with budgeting for the Association. I suggest you email your suggestion to our Executive Director at shumphrey@nawcc.org, as well as to the Association Treasurer at rpnewman@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Markus Harris

5. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Well, now that that I settled, is there a good reason that the Patent Data link is not working (http://nawcc-info.org)? I get the can't be displayed message.

6. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:

Perhaps the "new" software that someone is speaking about will solve all the problems?

Aren't the databases replicated?

7. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member Donor Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The rather old server in my basement that housed the patent database and the awco.org site finally died when the second drive in its raid array failed. I am trying to get the replacement server working at the moment and I hope to have it going soon. The last time we lost it, I was able to reconnect. I re-did and moved the Waltham Serial Numbers, but the patents apparently slipped my mind. I will look at redoing them for the http://info.nawcc.org site also. It will not be instantaneous since I am getting stretched a little thin at the moment.