Chronometry: Hamilton M22 with U.S. Army markings

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by Vanski, Feb 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vanski

Vanski Registered User

Feb 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hey Guys, Wanted some feedback on my Ham M22. 99% of the 22's I see are Navy marked. This one is US Army marked. Movement is standard Navy markings and is S/N 2F19986. The tub and rear lid are matching numbers 5627. I would think this is much scarcer than the USN ones? Army Air Corp? Any idea how many went to the AAC? Warm regards to all and appreciate any info from the Hamilton crowd.

Attached Files:

2. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    I have 2F19778. It seems like I read somewhere that there were 500 of these.

Ralph

3. River rat

River rat Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 4, 2009
    The US Army have small craft just like the US Navy they had a Unit that had LCU's I all most went to but stayed with the Navy we use to call heavy's in the Navy for landing craft were you can put a tank in the well deck and had living space on board so I can see them having there own navigation equipment.

4. DeweyC

DeweyC Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Watchmaker
    Baltimore
    Country Flag:
    This is covered in Whitney. A small number were assigned to the USA (I thnk 500 is correct);many had the USN markings milled off the case and some were provided newly engraved backs.

5. Vanski

Vanski Registered User

Feb 4, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hi, Thanks guys for the feedback. Dewey, which book of his is the info located? I think he has 2. Please let me know. Regards, Vanski

6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Whitney's books are available from AWCI and booksellers. Chronometers is one and Military Timepieces, the other.