Hamilton M22 production questions

Discussion in 'Chronometers' started by JeffL, Dec 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JeffL

JeffL Registered User

Jul 19, 2010
    Did Hamilton match the box number with the watch number when it left the factory? I understand once the watches came in for service, it became much too difficult to match them and thus whatever watch had completed it's service went into a box and out the door.

Of the two boxed M22's I purchased, one has a key lock latch which has a gimbal number of 142. I understand Seth Thomas was the contractor and the initial boxes were modeled after a Ulysse Nardin chronometer the Navy was purchasing until they were no longer available. At some point the Navy changed the box specs to the simpler push button latch, probably for ease of production and the lost key problem. Is this correct?

How do I access the library for Hamilton serial number dates? I looked everywhere and have yet to find it?

Thanks,

JeffL

2. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I showed you the page in the other thread. You should have posted back to that thread instead of starting a new on. It is under Resources on the Library page on .

https://nawcc.org/