• We are aware of the performance issues with the forum. These are due to problems with Comcast's shared lines in the Columbia, PA area. On December 15, we signed a contract to bring a dedicated fiber line to the forum servers. It should take somewhere between 30 and 90 days to install. Thank you for your patience.

Hamilton Electric Masterpiece presentation watches, crystal size and type?

czach

Jul 28, 2009
Hi!

I have a Hamilton 505 watch here that's one of the 14k gold "masterpiece" models. It's the type where the crystal is round, plastic and the watch comes out the front. However I don't have the crystal, and I'm not sure how to measure a plastic one that goes in with the squeezer tool.

Is there a standard part number for this kind of crystal? If not what's the best way to measure (I have digital calipers)

Thank you!
Chris

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
I am going to move your question the the watch repair section.

Rob

czach

Jul 28, 2009
I think these just take a standard plastic medium or high dome crystal? To get the diameter measure the inside of the bezel and go up to the next size (add 0.2mm).
Thank you Chris, appreciated. I measured the crystal shelf in the watch and it's a pretty solid 29.4 so a 29.5 or 29.6 might work. Checking on Esslinger's site I see the GS crystals are probably what I need, I'll try ordering an Ever Tite and a Klear Tite and will see which works better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmeywvu
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller