Hamilton 946 Military?

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by rrenneka, May 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. rrenneka

rrenneka New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Margate FL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I need help identifying this watch. Has anyone ever seen a dial like this on a 946 Hamilton before? Its not radium. It has nothing in the numbers and I dont think it ever did. The only dials I have ever seen like this are on military watches. Any feedback is appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 Jim Haney, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Those dials show up now & then. I have several of them. They were available through the Hamilton Material section as replacements .

Your watch was sold to a jeweler, Despress Bridges & Noel on 11-27-1909, not a war time period.

Someone most likely replaced the original damaged dial with whatever they could find. While you have it off see if you can find a proper replacement.

For the time period of your watch, you would need a Double Sunk dial(either Montgomery or regular) with "Hamilton" in script..

PS. Welcome to the Message Board!

3. rrenneka

rrenneka New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Male
    Margate FL
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thats awesome. Thanks Jim. I really appreciate the information. I will aquire the appropriate dial. Have a great day.