• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Haid Clock runs fast since new.

Aurora John

Jun 10, 2020
Country
From reading other posts I understand this is a Hermie movement. I purchased this clock new in 1980. It ran to fast right from the start. So I just left it on the mantel unwound so as not to run. Sold the house in 1994 and put the clock in storage. In other words this is essentially still a brand new unused unworn out clock. Now I want to use this clock on my new fireplace mantel. Every couple of days I have to reset the minute hand back about 10 minutes. I would like to get this clock to keep correct time. I have never worked on any clocks so I am a complete novice. But I would like to try and do this myself. So far all I have done was move the little pointer on the wheel as far as It would go towards the (minus sign). All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John clock 002.JPG clock 003.JPG clock 001.JPG

Last edited:

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,

Look here, I hope this will help you solve your problem :

Amicalement GG ;)

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Unfortunately, you've done all you can do by yourself. How does the rotation look? You should be getting close to 360° of rotation on it. If the rotation is short, the clock will speed. There is a fork device which may need adjusting to its original position. There's an area where the roller pin must contact it. I think a clock repairman would be willing to look things over and advise you without it breaking the bank. Let him know the movement has not been used, and why. He will probably want to remove the movement and oil it, as well as reposition the fork.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Swann jr
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.