Haas Neveux Pendant Watch Information

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by ironwood, Jul 21, 2007.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ironwood

ironwood Registered User

Sep 12, 2006
    I just found this Watch engraved Haas Neveux & Cie. The case is 18K and beautifully engraved. The rear of the case appears to have been enameled with purple, it it has been partially worn away. Still one of the prettiest cases I have seen. Does anyone have any info on maker, date, etc. Or just general comments. Thanks. 94.jpg

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Haas Neveux was a very fine maker. They made top quality items and won some time trials. Pritchard in Swiss Timepiece Makers 1775-1975 says they were last listed in business in 1937and started in 1901.

From your photos its a good but not great movement and the case is the main thrust. While not a great movement, it is far better than would normally be used in a pendant watch. Chipped enamel can be repaired by some modern techniques but requires great skill.

I would guess it to be vintage 1910.

With the enameled back and absence of a name on the dial, I believe it was custom made.