• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Gustav Becker

Mike306p/Ansoniaman

Jan 12, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO.
Country
Region
You have the same info on Gustav Becker that I do Gunther , And I hope it helps Glen date his clock , Thanks . Mike 0136966

------------------

C

Clockaholic

Hi,

I've done a little research myself into dating GB clocks and one of the key indicators of age is whether the clock was made in Freiburg or at the later Braunau factory opened ca. 1888.
Details on Braunau are murky but it can make a big difference.

Example: Braunau in Boehm Serial number 50,000 vs Serial number 50,000 Freiburg are comletely different dates.

I've writeen up some of what I've learned and put it here on the link below. (has photos of ca few types of movement stamps)

http://www.viennaregulator.net/Clocks/GB_Notes/BeckerClockDating.htm

I'd be glad for anyone else to shed more light and/or corrections to this. PS I have a movement with s/n 25k coming soon. I'm sure there's earlier, but it's the earliest I've seen

Dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilesB
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent