German Gustav Becker Unknown movement logo

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Bonbon, Sep 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bonbon

Bonbon Registered User

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello. help to DETERMINE! Please help!

yy.png

2. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bonbon, welcome to the NAWCC Message Board. Your Gustav Becker movement is one of the "Amerikaner" designs they introduced in 1906. This is the first time I have seen this stamping on one of the Amerikaner movements, so at this time I don't know when this was done. If you have the original case, please post photos of that as well as the dial and other parts of the clock including the strike gong and mounting for the movement. From those we may be able to find when this movement was made. My initial guess is in the early years of 1906-07 however that is just a guess.

3. Bonbon

Bonbon Registered User

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I'm glad my watch interests you!!! I bought them at auction. They're coming from Germany. As will send, I will make a photo and I will send you. Thank you!!!! Sorry for English(.

4. Tatyana

Tatyana Registered User

Jan 2, 2016
    Female
    Saint Petersburg
    Country Flag:
    Hi, Bonbon!

Use the word clock instead of watch.
    Watch - наручные часы.
    Everything else is alright

BR, Tatyana

5. Bonbon

Bonbon Registered User

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    thank you ,Tatyana!))

6. ClockWiseXII

ClockWiseXII Registered User

May 17, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hello Bonbon,

this GB-movement is known as "Silesia". Silesia-movements were introduced in market in 1902 by GB and were the first "Amerikaner"-movements by GB.

In this German thread you will find some information about Silesia-movements.

Uhrenbestimmung - GB Silesia Uhr...

ClockWise

7. tarant

tarant Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Neurohorologist ;)
    Wroclaw
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bonbon likes this.
  8. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Clockwise, thanks or the link to the German forum regarding GB SILESIA movements. I did not search the entire thread, but did not see anything specific that would indicate these movements being made as early as 1902. Do you know of any specific reference such as advertising or announcements by GB that would confirm this early date? Until now the earliest confirmed year I have is 1906,

9. ClockWiseXII

ClockWiseXII Registered User

May 17, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    #9 ClockWiseXII, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Inventor of the Silesia-movements was G. Bley. He left VFU in 1902, when his work was done.

Silesia movements and masive movements were made by VFU for several years at the same time, because many German clocks retailers refused to sell GB- clocks with Silesia movements.

And this might be the reason, why we know Silesian movements without a serial number.

ClockWise

10. Bonbon

Bonbon Registered User

Aug 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    [QUOTE = "Татьяна, пост: 1223871, участник: 75171"] Привет, Бонбон!

Татьяна, подскажите где можно почитать про:( "это GB-движение известно как "Силезия". Silesia-движения были представлены на рынке в 1902 году GB и были первым "Amerikaner" - движениями GB".). Что это за движения? "Amerikaner" и "Силезия". Кроме клейма и географического названия "Силезия", я не знаю. С большим уважением к Вам, Евгений.