gustav becker torsion clock brass embellisher wanted

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by bdgtfb, Dec 15, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bdgtfb

bdgtfb Registered User

Jul 27, 2013
    does anyone have a embellisher for a 1920 gustav becker torsion clock for sale
    thanks

2. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 John Hubby, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    bgdtfb, welcome to the NAWCC Message Board and thanks for your inquiry. Normally we ask for our users to post their requests for parts in our "Clock Parts Wanted" thread in the Clock Repair Forum, however your query needs some key information for you to find the correct part as there are three different "embellishers" if I understand what you are looking for.

I presume you are looking for the small stamped brass decorative piece that is mounted below the dials of most GB clocks? There are three designs as illustrated in Appendix 87 in the Horolovar Repair Guide 10th Edition. These are specific to certain serial number ranges which correspond to actual date of manufacture.

Style designation and description, serial number series applicable, and date of manufacture:

Style A (Shamrock, Thistle, and Rose): 1684000 to 2372000 (Beginning 1903 to early 1920)

Style B (Round Ball between Flowers): 2372001 to 2468000 (Early 1920 to late 1923)

Style C (Acanthus Leaves & Lotus): 2468001 to 2510000 (Late 1923 to mid-1925) and then 1 to 4990 (mid-1925 to end 1932, Junghans period)

There are only two clocks in my data that don't fit in this series, both made a few months after the transition from Style A to Style B in early 1920. Otherwise to date these serial number ranges contain only clocks with the designated decor.

It needs to be pointed out that only about 2/3 of all the GB 400-Day clocks I have in my data are fitted with these decor pieces, from all evidence these pieces were an optional extra and many buyers did not include them in their purchase.

Horolovar at one time had these for sale, check their website for contact info and they also have an online store but I didn't find these listed as stock items:

http://www.thehorolovarcompany.com/

3. bdgtfb

bdgtfb Registered User

Jul 27, 2013
    hi john
    thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. i will repost in the correct foum.