• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Gustav Becker hall clock

Allan Fetherolf

Oct 31, 2018
Just got a Becker hall (floor) clock. Just two chains and the weights are missing. Is there a standard weight for the weights? I have two 7 pound weights and am hoping they will do. Haven't got the clock yet but will have more info on the movement in a day or two. The clock case appears to date from the 1920-1930 era.

Reactions: ClockMogul

jmclaugh

Jun 1, 2006
Devon
Country
Region
Can't help with the weight but 7lbs is worth a go. In my experience from this era they are like brass VR weights on steroids which is not to say there is anything wrong with that.

Allan Fetherolf

Oct 31, 2018
Had a couple of Howard Miller weights-about 8.2lbs-and tried them and they seem to work perfectly, plus I got a pendulum and bob from Timesavers and finally got it cut to the right length. Movement is pretty clean so oiled it and it is running perfectly. The two sets of strike rods sound really great. The best part of all this is that I got the clock at an auction for $40 as it was listed as missing both items. About 74 inches tall in dark oak.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes11
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Aurora's 15 Ruby Jewel Movements by Greg Frauenhoff

514 Poplar Street
Columbia, PA 17512

Phone: 717-684-8261

Contact the Webmaster for perceived copyright infringement (DMCA Registration Number 1010287).

Copyright © National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors Inc (A 501c3 non-profit corporation). All Rights Reserved.

The NAWCC is dedicated to providing association services, promoting interest in and encouraging the collecting of clocks and watches including disseminating knowledge of the same.