Gruen VeriThin Precision and extra Precision

John Weigel

Apr 17, 2005
N California
Country
Region
These movements, as pictured on p498 of The Complete Price Guide #26/ 2006 ,have what appears to be an adjusting screw of small head diameter , like a detent screw, below and to the right of the crown wheel. I saw one recently with a hole where the screw had been. It went through the bridge and pillar plate and ended near the setting, wheel which transmits power between the clutch weel and the minute wheel. The hole was not threaded or chamfered, so was not for a bridge screw. It was probably an adjusting detent of some kind . The regular setting detent WAS present and worked. Can any one tell me what the missing item is and what it does? Many thanks, JJW

John Weigel

Apr 17, 2005
N California
Country
Region
These movements, as pictured on p498 of The Complete Price Guide #26/ 2006 ,have what appears to be an adjusting screw of small head diameter , like a detent screw, below and to the right of the crown wheel. I saw one recently with a hole where the screw had been. It went through the bridge and pillar plate and ended near the setting, wheel which transmits power between the clutch weel and the minute wheel. The hole was not threaded or chamfered, so was not for a bridge screw. It was probably an adjusting detent of some kind . The regular setting detent WAS present and worked. Can any one tell me what the missing item is and what it does? Many thanks, JJW

rubeg

NAWCC Fellow
Apr 1, 2009
Houston
Country
John
I believe that missing screw would put the stem wind/set mechanism into the wind position when the watch was out of the case.
regards
jack g

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
I PM'ed Jack that he has posted to 2 very old Gruen threads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cspeed8
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff