Grandpa’s Donation to NAWCC

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Floyd's Grandson, Mar 17, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Floyd's Grandson

Floyd's Grandson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I thought this was neat. My Grandpa was an avid collector and one who I would call a Clocksmith, even though it wasn’t his occupation. He had a room in his house devoted to his work, with all sorts of tools and parts and drawers and bins of parts upon parts. He also had clocks in every room of his home, most notably on shelves mounted on each of his living room walls. His father built several clocks cases including Grandfather clocks. I have only recently begun my journey into the world of clocks, but I feel it is in my blood.

I found this certificate at my Grandpa’s house after he passed away. It indicates he donated an Ansonia Iron Case Mantle Clock to the NAWCC in 1975. I only wish there was a picture of the clock he donated along with this certificate. I also wonder if the clock is still there, and if so is his name indicated as the donor.

I would love to visit the museum some day, not only to get answers to my questions, but just to see all the wonderful examples that I’m sure are displayed there.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I wanted to introduce myself and provide a story behind my interest. I also thought others here would find it intriguing, and perhaps might want to “chime” in and share their stories of how their interest in clocks started, and/or share their donations with the rest of us.

AD2C27AD-45FD-4CB2-8538-4CC10B4FCBD7.jpeg

2. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Contact the museum and ask them for a photo or a pointer to the item in the collection.

Floyd's Grandson likes this.
  3. Floyd's Grandson

Floyd's Grandson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Great idea! Thank you!