Grandfather clock

Ansomnia

Sep 11, 2005
Country
Region
Wilf, that's an interesting clock.

I have seen this clock before but it's an American Ansonia clock called "Antique Standing". It's on page 236 of Tran's book. There is also one for sale at Solvang Antique Center. It's not an ongoing auction so I don't think I would be breaking MB rules. Here's the webpage:

Solvang's Ansonia clock

The style is Art Nouveau. So that would place the age around late 19th Century to around 1920. Tran's book mentions 1901.

Have not come across this acronym before, what do you mean by T.K.S.? In any case, I think the weights and pendulum are in their normal places. It's just that the case doesn't have a door. The back of the inside of the case appears to be well panelled and decorated. Quite a neat clock!

Michael

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Interesting, Wilf.
Never seen one of these, but I would guess about the turn of century.
If we saw the movement, that would tell us a lot more, as the case is so unusual it is difficult to date unless someone knows of a similar one.
Yes - what is T.K.S. :confused:

W

wilfr

T.K.S means THANKS for your help.

I will try to obtain more pictures very soon , until then thanks for helping me.

Wilf.

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
Ah - like Tks. We were thinking it was some sort of TLA (Three Letter Acronym :biggrin:)
Good luck!

BTW - you have a duplicated post, Wilf.

W

wilfr

Mike would you know for future reference how to delete a duplicate posting:???::???:.
Wilf.

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Wilf, in the lower right hand corner of your post there are 3 icons. Click on the one that looks like an eraser (the one in the middle). That will let you edit your post, or delete it.
Harold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aikenhudson
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-