Grandfather Clock

A

apjarvis

Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing an 1825-1850 Philly-constructed Grandfather clock. The works and all of the mehcanics are in very good condition and original to the clock - no marriages. However, the case, which is veneer crotch maple (or other similar looking wood), has several areas where the veneer has been chipped off (corners, base, top of one of the arches - it has a broken arch-style hood). I would like to get in contact with someone who does veneer restoration on tall case clocks. I am located in Northeast PA (Pocono mountains area) and would prefer to work with a local person, but this is not a requirement. Proper restoration is. Can you help me out with some recommendations / references? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Allan

A

apjarvis

Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing an 1825-1850 Philly-constructed Grandfather clock. The works and all of the mehcanics are in very good condition and original to the clock - no marriages. However, the case, which is veneer crotch maple (or other similar looking wood), has several areas where the veneer has been chipped off (corners, base, top of one of the arches - it has a broken arch-style hood). I would like to get in contact with someone who does veneer restoration on tall case clocks. I am located in Northeast PA (Pocono mountains area) and would prefer to work with a local person, but this is not a requirement. Proper restoration is. Can you help me out with some recommendations / references? I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravens Watch
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller