Gold ?? Watch Band

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by ronion, Sep 8, 2001.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ronion

ronion Guest

I have a very heavy gold expanion band marked.." forty-niner by Speidel" It unusual because it looks as if gold caps are folded over a stainless steel exspanion band not like the ususal little tabs on the plated ones. The end pieces are stamped 49 and looks as if they are solid gold...Is anyone familiar with this type bracelet:???:? Could this be gold capped in the same way Rolex and Omega gold capped some of there watches:???::???: What karat gold would it be:???:... thanks...Ray

2. ronion

ronion Guest

I have a very heavy gold expanion band marked.." forty-niner by Speidel" It unusual because it looks as if gold caps are folded over a stainless steel exspanion band not like the ususal little tabs on the plated ones. The end pieces are stamped 49 and looks as if they are solid gold...Is anyone familiar with this type bracelet:???:? Could this be gold capped in the same way Rolex and Omega gold capped some of there watches:???::???: What karat gold would it be:???:... thanks...Ray

3. Jeff Hess

Jeff Hess Moderator
    Sponsor Gold Business Member

Sep 3, 2000
    Male
    watches
    Florida
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Early "49-er" bands were indeed solid gold over the expansion part. Back during the early 1980's, I scrapped about a zillion of them. Quite a bit of gold too! BUt when you getone tha tis in good shape, these babies look GREAT! Please do not scrap them! LOL!

Jeff

4. ronion

ronion Guest

Jeff..thank you for your reply. This band is so nice I am almost afraid to wear it, absolutely beautiful and I have no thought of scrapping it. But because the band may be a little small I might have to ( dare I say it!) give it to my wife. Could you please tell me what Karat gold it might be so I can at least get some bragging rights out of it to her relatives....thanks...Ray