Gluck Barograph and Recorder Co.

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by roughbarked, Mar 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    These are recorders. Very good quality solidy made clocks of English manufacture. A local shire council still brings these in for services. They were bringing the same clocks in when I started as an apprentice. AFAIK they have been using them for more than 50 years as water meters. The company seems to have disappeared in the 1950's or at least there's not much about them on google. These clocks are stamped with ACW R8D as well as 7D on the case. Cleaning and occasional bushing is mostly all they need.

They are equipped with an escapement platform that is shockproof and stamped Swiss Made and all carry an incabloc stamp with the # 361-2 though the last number may vary. The one in this photo has a 6. Currently I have one with a worn off balance pivot and one with a missing escape wheel pivot.

I'll have to try for better photos as these are not up to my usual standard, taken in a hurry just before the shop closed for the day.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files: